Strategic slotting can drive 10% or more productivity improvement
Like most organizations, you may find it difficult to deal with the myriad of slotting issues, which have become too complex for guesswork, paper-based
calculations, spreadsheets, and outdated slotting methodologies. Many companies use a homegrown tool to determine how to locate a product, and often users don’t have access to all the information to pick the best location.
- Do you have to touch the product many times to move it through a distribution center?
- Do pickers have to wait for product to be delivered for picking?
- When a pallet reaches the shipping dock, is it ready to be loaded without restacking?
- Are all the products slotted according to weight and height to allow for easy pallet building?
- Are fast moving products in the “golden zone”?
- Are promotions incorporated into current slotting plans?
- Does your tool allow for multiple item location swaps across multiple pick locations in a daisy chain set of moves to optimize multiple product placement with one pass?