Strategic slotting can drive 10% or more productivity improvement
Like most organizations, you may find it difficult to deal with the myriad of slotting issues, which have become too complex for guesswork, paper-based
calculations, spreadsheets, and outdated slotting methodologies. Many companies use a homegrown tool to determine how to locate a product, and often users don’t have access to all the information to pick the best location.
- Do you have to touch the product many times to move it through a distribution center?
- Do pickers have to wait for product to be delivered for picking?
- When a pallet reaches the shipping dock, is it ready to be loaded without restacking?
- Are all the products slotted according to weight and height to allow for easy pallet building?
- Are fast moving products in the “golden zone”?
- Are promotions incorporated into current slotting plans?
- Does your slotting tool allow for multiple item location swaps across multiple pick locations in a daisy chain set of moves to optimize multiple product placement with one pass?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions download the white paper today or contact us to speak with a warehouse slotting expert.
Operational Efficiencies Realized through Business Intelligence
How need-based reporting can breathe life into a stagnant WMS.
To determine if your operation could benefit from an advanced reporting solution, reflecton these questions:
- Do I rely on base GUI screens for business insights into my WMS?
- Do I have to export data from my WMS into Excel and run macros and pivot tables in order to get the information I need?
- Are my supervisors spending unnecessary time after every shift calculating UPH metrics or other necessary KPIs?
- Can I quickly provide my team with easy-to-read visuals that quickly show how effectively each team member is performing?
- Are there parts of your operation that fall into the “black box” category, leaving you guessing why the WMS is behaving in a given manner?
If you answered any of the above questions with a less-than-favorable response, it maybe time to step up your business intelligence (BI) game!
For key insights, download our complimentary white paper today or contact us today!
Ready, Set, Delay!
The Pitfalls and Gotcha’s of How to Select and Implement a New WMS Software Project
Selecting and installing a WMS is an expensive and long-term decision that can often make or break a career. Choosing the right system for your current and future needs takes a lot of work, and you need to take into consideration your resource constraints, industry knowledge and overall strategies and put together an end-to-end plan that will accomplish your goals.
Download our free white paper to walk through the steps:
Determining what type of warehouse solution you need
Creating an RFP
Assessing, comparing and selecting the right vendor
Making a solid plan for implementation.
Do you need help navigating the perils of a 7-15-year WMS decision? Give us a call – we’ve been doing it for many years and we’re happy to help.
Download the Warehouse Management Systems White Paper today!